Date:      Mon, 22 Apr 2002 12:27:50 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Adrian Penisoara <ady@freebsd.ady.ro>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: panic:bremfree with today's current and linux-netscape

Hi,

On Sun, 21 Apr 2002, Kris Kennaway wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 21, 2002 at 05:22:20PM +0300, Adrian Penisoara wrote:
>
> >   Panicstring: bremfree: bp 0xc77fb678 not locked
>
> This isn't the real panic, it's a second panic caused by trying to
> sync disks.

 D'oh... I hope the gdb trace left more marks.

> >   How-to-repeat: launch linux-netscape while in X11
>
> Are you absolutely sure all kernel modules are up to date?  A
> sure-fire way to cause panics with linux applications is to use an
> out of date linux.ko.

 Isn't linux.ko supposed to be rebuilt every time the kernel is
recompiled ? All kernel builds I do are done together w/ the modules.
 Or maybe the linux_base port has some code running in kernel (most
certainly not) ?

 Anyway, the strange thing is that now, compiled with ALTQ support,
the kernel doesn't panic anymore. Time to sratch the dust back in the
old corners...

 Ady (@freebsd.ady.ro)