Date:      Wed, 12 Jul 2006 14:20:56 -0400
From:      David Gilbert <dgilbert@dclg.ca>
To:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Dell laptops

M> Greetings, What are the current problems, if any, on current Dell
M> laptops have with FreeBSD?

I've had a D-800 and I currently have an XPS-170.  Pretty much my only
issue is suspend.

A recent update to the nvidia driver has made the screen switching
stop working ... but I'm using twinview to get around that.  I'm
pretty sure it's not a FreeBSD issue per se --- rather an nvidia
driver one (since the console behaves correctly).

Dave.

|David Gilbert, Independent Contractor.       | Two things can be          |
|Mail:       dave@daveg.ca                    |  equal if and only if they |
|http://daveg.ca                              |   are precisely opposite.  |