Date:      Wed, 9 May 2001 13:38:26 +0200
From:      Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@physics.iisc.ernet.in>
To:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Laptop recommendations in France / Europe?

Can anyone suggest a good place, in France or in a neighbouring
country, to buy a not too expensive (say, < 10000 FRF / 1500 Euro)
laptop/notebook which works with FreeBSD -- or, at the very minimum,
with Linux?  And preferably without Windows pre-loaded at all, so that
I don't pay a microsoft tax?

I do see that an Apple iBook is available at around that price.
Anyone have experience with running Net/OpenBSD or linux on it?  (I'm
not keen on Mac OS X, also I'm not sure whether it would be available
yet anyway.)

Thanks

Rahul.