Date:      06 Mar 2001 11:26:55 -0800
From:      James Felix Black <jfb@visi.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Kensington Expert Mouse and FreeBSD

I use the Kensington Expert Mouse (a giant four-button trackball)
religiously, and I want to be able to use it properly in FreeBSD.  But
there appears to be no support in either moused or X.

Is this right?  I've tried using the mouse on both the PS/2 and serial
ports; I've tried moused and no moused; I've tried the "ThinkingMouse"
protocol as well as "auto", all for naught.  Either the mouse Just
Doesn't Work (random pointer movement and no buttons), or the system
just stubbornly refuses to see the other two buttons.

Help!  TIA,
(jfb)

--
To the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee; for
hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee...