Date:      Wed, 31 May 2000 14:41:35 -0300 (ADT)
From:      The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   tracerouting switches, routers and hosts ...

Morning ...

	I'm trying to map our local network, and can't seem to find an
adequate tool for doing so ... basically, I'm trying to build up a status
map for NetSaint, to give a 'tree diagram' of what our internal network
looks like, and want to include the pingable switches ...

	if I traceroute a host that I know goes through:

myhost->switcha->porta-router->portb-router->switchb->remote host

	I only see the IPs for porta-router and remote host, but it misses
everything in between ...

	for instance, porta-router == 136.1, portb-router = 2.1, switchb =
2.23 and remote host = 2.90 ... but a traceroute only shows 136.1 and 2.90

	Is there any way that I can tell traceroute (or compile some other
app) to give me each IP that the route had to go through?

thanks ...

Systems Administrator @ hub.org