Date:      Thu, 21 Oct 2004 16:32:08 +0200
From:      "Simon L. Nielsen" <simon@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: [CFR] Specify the lock(1) timeout unit

--opJtzjQTFsWo+cga

On 2004.10.21 14:37:10 +0300, Peter Pentchev wrote:

> Here's a little patch that teaches lock(1) about timeouts specified in
> seconds, hours, or days in addition to the minutes it currently assumes.
> I could commit this in a week if there are no objections.

Wouldn't it be more natural to just append the time-unit type to the
argument given to -t, e.g. "-t 10s" or "-t 10h".  That just seem like
the more intuitive way to handle it to me...

Note: this is a suggestion, not an objection to the original patch.

--=20
Simon L. Nielsen
FreeBSD Documentation Team

--opJtzjQTFsWo+cga