Date:      Sun, 24 Aug 2008 14:06:25 -0400
From:      pete <bsdpete@thechristies.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   MTA advice ??

I have a hosted domain that recently changed their mail filtering. I
am not happy with the new setup and am considering setting up my own.
Looking for tips on setting up something on my freeBSD 6.1 box.

My ISP is cablevision IO. Not sure what they allow, ie: whether I can
have my hosted domain set to use my cable IP as a MTA, or if I have to
do some kind of end run around cablevision to get a MTA set up locally.

Also looking for advice on which software would serve me bet in this instance.

TIA

Pete C