Date:      Wed, 6 May 1998 04:32:07 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jim Van Baalen <vansax@mail.websidestory.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Appropriate 100bt NIC for NFS

I have been having a lot of trouble with my freebsd NFS server. It is
running 2.2.6-RELEASE and using a 3COM 3C905 Fast Etherlink XL PCI.
I saw a similar problem with NeXTStep running on PCs years ago which
was caused by limited buffer space on the NIC. I found an archived article
from this list at

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=866806+0+/usr/local/www/db/text/1997
/freebsd-questions/19970817.freebsd-questions

that supports this theory. Can someone suggest a 100bt NIC for which there
are freebsd drivers that has sufficient buffers for 8k NFS packets? I
would prefer something with at least 32k of buffer space. Thanks.

Jim