Date:      Wed,  5 Feb 97 16:42:49 Pacific Standard Time
From:      "Sean J. Schluntz"  <schluntz@pinpt.com>
To:        Karl Denninger  <karl@mcs.net>, spork  <spork@super-g.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG, dg@root.com, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG, karl@mcs.net
Subject:   A question about the security of your splinter.

> A parallel code track will be online within a few days for those who believe
> that THIS kind of response is unwarranted under ANY circumstances.

I hate to see this continue, so feel free to answer this in private.

How can any of us know that your 'parallel code track' will be any better?
Will you personally guarantee that your flavor of FBSD will be safer and that
you will personally make sure that any hole in the product is filled?

Nothing personal, but I trust a team of people who share what they know with
eachother to come up with cleaner and more permenant answers than just one
person who is trying to 'save the world'.

Like I said, no office intended, I just don't understand how your splinter
will help anything.

-Sean
Sean J. Schluntz                                  <schluntz@pinpt.com>
Manager, Support Services                        ph. 408.997.6900 x222
PinPoint Software Corporation                    fx. 408.323.2300
6155 Almaden Expressway, Suite 100
San Jose, CA.  95120                             http://www.pinpt.com/

Local Time Sent: 02/05/97 16:42:49