Date:      Sat, 4 Oct 1997 19:56:24 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Wei Weng <wweng@stevens-tech.edu>
To:        =?iso-8859-1?Q?=DEor=F0ur?= Ivarsson <totii@est.is>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: newbie question

I am *trying* to install freebsd2.2.2 from cdrom which I got from
cheapbytes. My computer is a Pentium 100 and 32 MB RAM and 1.6 GB
harddrive, using diamond 3D64 3000 graphics card. Everything is IDE. :)

My question is: How much space do I need to leave for /? And it is so
troublesome to click on every options in that whole bunch of ports
packages. So, is there any convineat way to choose all of them? And how
big will that be? And if there is no such way, is it possible to uninstall
some ports package? and is there anyway to install ports packages from the
cdrom?

I got /tmp/******** error when I tried to config xwindows, so I think the
reason might be that I dont have enuff space for my /. And I got some
strange /mnt error during the install. Don't know why. Is it becuz I dont
have enuff space for / too?

And when I finish ports package installation, should I just choose exit
install and then reboot? It doesn't work last time. I have already
installed boot manager, but my computer was booted into windows95. So, how
to control the boot manager? Is there any hotkey like "tab" for lilo?

Sorry for all my stupid questions. I am totally new to freebsd. Used to
use linux though. But linux is way much easier to install. :)

thanx

ja ne
Wei Weng                       &    A   N   NIIIM   MEEEE  *
Box s-1398                     &   A A  NN  N I MM MM      *
Stevens Institute of Technology&  A   A N N N I M M MEEEE  *
Hoboken, NJ 07030              & AAAAAAAN  NN I M   M      *
wweng@stevens-tech.edu         &A       A   NIIIM   MEEEE  *