Date:      Thu, 17 Apr 1997 00:25:20 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>, multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Fxtv 0.4

>From The Desk Of Doug White :
> The newest version of the driver breaks my system worse than it already
> was.  :(  You can look at what I get out from a screenshot at
If I am not mistaken you need to modify the driver to work in your case.
remember the mods that you did to the driver??

> http://gdi.uoregon.edu/redscreen.gif.  It looks like the gamma correction
> is off in the RGB_24 case.   It says it's falling back to Ximage, btw.
>
> Why are the color_ctl flags _forced_ to the settings with = and not |= in
> rgb_prog?  I'm probably asking the wrong person, so this is to the list...

It doesn't matter for now because we are not doing byte or word swapping.

In the same routine there is this comment:

/* FIXME: why set colorbars for 1 instant ??? */
	bt848->color_ctl = BT848_COLOR_CTL_COLOR_BARS;
/* FIXME: undone 4 lines later, why bother ??? */
	bt848->color_ctl = BT848_COLOR_CTL_GAMMA;

Careful here because some of this stuff was written after I read
Brooktree's DOS demo. Some of these chipsets are cranky and yes
we can experiment by taking the lines out.

I am going to go thru the driver and examine each FIXME comment.

	Regards,
	Amancio