Date:      Mon, 25 Oct 1999 21:28:01 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@picnic.mat.net>
To:        Chris Csanady <cc@137.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: linux emulation broken.. (solution)

On Mon, 25 Oct 1999, Chris Csanady wrote:

> > I *know* someone else said it wasn't so, but just 3 weeks ago I had this
> > very problem, with word perfect, and it works just fine now.  Are you sure
> > you have a really up to date linux_base port installed?  It was recently
> > changed, a *lot* of new libs added, and I'd really like an answer on this,
> > whether I'm right or wrong.
>
> Well, I found a solution to my problems with running linux-netscape and word
> perfect.  It looks like it was not the linux emulation code that was at fault.
>
> I recently installed a real redhat 6.1, and mounted it on /compat/linux.  Now
> all is well--so I can only assume it is some weird interaction between the
> linux_base port and my system.  Maybe it is related to using XFree86 3.9.15,
> but I don't have the time to test that theory right now.
>
> Certainly not a great solution, but if things are broke for you this at least
> works.

No, like I said, when I *really* updated my Linux libs (and the linux_base
port had very newly updated libs when I posted this) my problems
evaporated, which is why I urged others to do it.  I don't know why it
didn't work for you, but at least it's done for you now.

> Chris Csanady

Chuck Robey                | Interests include C programming, Electronics,
213 Lakeside Dr. Apt. T-1  | communications, and signal processing.
Greenbelt, MD 20770        | I run picnic.mat.net: FreeBSD-current(i386) and
(301) 220-2114             |       jaunt.mat.net : FreeBSD-current(Alpha)