Date:      Fri, 28 Feb 1997 16:11:09 -0800
From:      RGireyev@BellInd.com
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Post installation stuff

Hi!

I have a success story and a couple of questions.

I have been able to successfully install 2.1.7 on a
5x86 120, 16M RAM, 850HD. I tried using system
commander but kept getting read error. Anyway, I ended
up using the default MBR handler and it works just fine.

Question 1: I would like to have my prompt (PS1)
to always show me the directory path I'm in (pwd)
In HP-UX land (Korn shell) it's PS1='$PWD'.
Any suggestions.

Question 2: After installing the system I created
a user, me. And assigned him (me) to the group wheel.
But I cannot do su or shutdown, what would be a
better group choice (bin comes to mind but I wanna
be sure)

Thanks, Rudy.

Communication, people, is the key. :-)