Date:      Wed, 23 Aug 1995 15:43:31 +1000
From:      Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
To:        freebsd-current@freefall.FreeBSD.org, jc@irbs.com
Subject:   Re: CLOCAL and CRTSCTS in -current and -stable

>I upgraded an old 1.1.5.1 system to -stable a few days ago and had
>trouble convincing cu to talk to a port that only has TX and RX.
>I had to stop cu and turn off crtscts to get cu to output.  Input
>works OK.  Once I understood the problem, I tried the locking/initial
>mechanism but -crtscts would not stick.

This part of the driver hasn't changed since 1.1.5.

>-current from last month cu defaults to:

>cflags: cread cs8 -parenb -parodd hupcl clocal -cstopb -crtscts -dsrflow
>        -dtrflow -mdmbuf

>-stable from last week:

>cflags: cread cs8 -parenb -parodd hupcl -clocal -cstopb crtscts -dsrflow
>        -dtrflow -mdmbuf

This must be with -current utilities and a -stable kernel (the -stable
stty doesn't report -dsrflow).  Applications should be compatible,
howver.

>Has cu changed or have the kernel defaults changed?  Is the
>locking/initial scheme broken in -stable?

No bugs are known.  Devices names have changed since 1.1.5, so a 1.1.5
script to set the locks would probably not work now.

Bruce