Date:      Tue, 5 Sep 2006 08:18:27 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        dick hoogendijk <dick@nagual.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: solaris

On 2006-09-04 16:57, dick hoogendijk <dick@nagual.nl> wrote:
> On 03 Sep Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC wrote:
>
> > I am not sure about installing Solaris into an existing partition.
>
> I remember one of the FBSD's (a RC, but still) destroying my partition
> table. That's the reason I ask. I know that I don't have to use the main
> option (that's for the whole disk). But if there are no problems know of
> with the sol installer, than I'm a little less worried. I have no space to
> backup my XP and FBSD disk parts (at the moment).

My suggestion is, then, to avoid fooling around with anything that can
cause pain...

... or get another disk, and try Solaris when only that other disk is
connected to the system.

NEVER try out stuff that can wreak all sorts of havoc in your current
disk, if you do not have a properly configured, tested, working backup
system in place.  Not a good idea :-/