Date:      Sat, 16 Sep 2006 22:22:29 +0200
From:      Frode Nordahl <frode@nordahl.net>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RELENG_6 Livelock

On 16. sep. 2006, at 22.09, John Baldwin wrote:

> On Saturday 16 September 2006 07:02, Frode Nordahl wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> FreeBSD localhost.localdomain 6.2-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 6.2-PRERELEASE
>> #1: Wed Sep 13 00:10:04 CEST 2006     frode@localhost.localdomain:/
>> usr/obj/usr/src/sys/PT  i386
>>
>> After running some stress tests for 3 days, I wanted to remove some
>> large directories.
>
> Do you have a coredump?  I assume you do from your debug output.  Can
> you download http://www.FreeBSD.org/~jhb/gdb/gdb6, fire up kgdb, and
> once in kgdb, do 'source /path/to/gdb6' and then run 'ps' and reply
> with the output from that?

I am sorry, I have not. I tried to call doadump, but there was no
dumpdevice configured :-(

Somehow I have convinced myself that this was turned on by default
now, so I have not enabled it explicitly in rc.conf. Is there any way
to tell DDB what dumpdevice to use directly?

I will configure a dumpdevice and try really hard to make it happen
again.

--
Frode Nordahl