Date:      Fri, 8 Sep 2000 11:03:37 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.runet.edu>
To:        kiri@pis.toba-cmt.ac.jp
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG, br@netland.inka.de
Subject:   Re: Can't install print/teTeX!

Hi,

> I've make install print/teTeX, but can't install and stopped when
> installing xdvi. Finally, get up dialogue with message "Could not find
> app-default file for xdvi." What's that???

> PS.
>   Why install destination set to ${PREFIX}/teTeX? I've destroied all
> tex environments already installed ;(

You have multiple versions of TeX installed?  That's really really a bad
idea.

You should remove all TeX related ports using pkg_delete, then save any
special local files in your texmf directory somewhere else, and then rm
-rf /usr/local/share/texmf.  You shouldn't have to do this, but better
safe than sorry.

Then make install in the teTeX port directory again.

If you have multiple TeX installations you will have all kinds of
difficulties, not only during installation but during normal use.

teTeX includes almost everything you'd ever need.  Once you have that
installed, install any extras in /usr/local/share/texmf under the
appropriate directory and rerun texhash.

Brett