Date:      Thu, 30 Dec 1999 20:59:49 +1100
From:      Danny <dannyh@idx.com.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Where is the kernel configuration file?

- Have to follow the 2nd stage of the StarOffice installation

"3.POSIX Priority scheduling support in kernel
          Verify support by using sysctl command: sysctl
p1003_1b.priority_scheduling
          For FreeBSD 3.x, add the following entries to your kernel
configuration file

          options         "P1003_1B"
          options         "_KPOSIX_PRIORITY_SCHEDULING"
          options         "_KPOSIX_VERSION=199309L"

          For -current, you can drop the " marks

          options         P1003_1B
          options         _KPOSIX_PRIORITY_SCHEDULING
          options         _KPOSIX_VERSION=199309L

          Configure, build, install and reboot with new kernel.
"

Question

1) Is my kernel configruation file /usr/src/sys/i386/conf/GENERIC?
2) How do I Configure, build, install the new kernel?

Looking forward to your feedback.

danny
(dannyh@idx.com.au)