Date:      Sat, 21 Jul 2001 09:31:47 -0400
From:      "Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH" <allbery@ece.cmu.edu>
To:        JF <OpsyDopsy@netcabo.pt>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Gnome Launchers

On Saturday, July 21, 2001 12:10:13 +0100, JF <OpsyDopsy@netcabo.pt> wrote:
+-----
| root@OpsyDopsy:/home/root#
| /usr/local/Acrobat4/Reader/intellinux/bin/acroread: e
| rror in loading shared libraries: /usr/X11R6/lib/libxalflaunch.so.0: ELF
| file  OS
+--->8

Launch Control Center, open Desktop->Launch Feedback, and uncheck all the
notification options.

The problem is that to do notifications, the panel LD_PRELOADs
libxalflaunch.so.0 into the programs it starts; the FreeBSD-native .so
won't load into programs running under Linux emulation, so ld-linux.so
throws a fatal error.

This could probably be made to work with a full GNOME build (at least
through gnome-core) for the Linux emulator, but that seems like too much
work, too much duplication, and too much wasted disk space to me.

--
brandon s. allbery  [os/2][linux][solaris][freebsd]   allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator   [JAPH][WAY too many hats]        allbery@ece.cmu.edu