Date:      Mon, 18 Sep 2006 10:46:17 +0100 (BST)
From:      Robert Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Ganbold <ganbold@micom.mng.net>
Cc:        Joerg Pernfuss <elessar@bsdforen.de>, stable@FreeBSD.org, Cristiano Deana <cristiano.deana@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: Problems with auditd -- resolved

On Mon, 18 Sep 2006, Ganbold wrote:

> Strange, there are still no logs in /var/audit dir :( Even tried to use your
> config, no success. However when I logged on to my desktop from console to
> itself (ssh -l tsgan localhost) it starts logging. But why it is not logging
> when I'm on console?

Are you using xdm/kdm/gdm/etc or /usr/bin/login?  I'm not sure that the
various GUI login managers associated with X11 ship with BSM support compiled
in by default, although given that they also run on Solaris, it is likely they
support it.

Robert N M Watson
Computer Laboratory
University of Cambridge