Date:      Mon, 30 Jul 2012 16:03:40 +0100
From:      Grzegorz Junka <list1@gjunka.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Resolvconf with FreeBSD jails

FreeBSD 9 uses resolvconf tool to manage the resolv.conf file. How can I
make it working with FreeBSD jails?

In my case I am moving my laptop between networks and every time I boot
FreeBSD it gets assigned a different DNS server. The file
/etc/resolv.conf gets updated but the same file in each of the jails is
not. I need resolv.conf in each jail in order for that jail to connect
to the external network.

I tried to make a link from resolv.conf in a jail to the same file in
the host system, but inside jail the link doesn't work. I could copy the
resolv.conf every time I boot FreeBSD after the DHCP obtained new DNS
and updated resolv.conf but before ezjail starts any of the jails, but
where I would need to put such copying?