Date:      Wed, 18 Oct 2017 18:35:32 +0200
From:      =?utf-8?Q?Peter_Ankerst=C3=A5l?= <peter@pean.org>
To:        Chris Ross <cross+freebsd@distal.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: 802.1X authenticator for FreeBSD

> On 17 Oct 2017, at 22:27, Chris Ross <cross+freebsd@distal.com> wrote:
>=20
>  wpa_supplicant is the client we use at work, on Linux systems.  But, =
it=E2=80=99s also the tool described in the FreeBSD wireless =
configuration pages, so I know it can be used there.
>=20
>  I haven=E2=80=99t tried FreeBSD with wired 802.1x myself, but just a =
thought I had.
>=20
>           - Chris
>=20
Its my understanding that wpa_supplicant is actually a working client in =
FreeBSD. But I=E2=80=99m looking for the server side of this.=20

It would be just fine if it worked just like hostapd (control access of =
one nic) and dont have any control over switchports or whatever. Another =
nice way of doing it would be to have some sort of integration with =
authpf or pf itself.=