Date:      Thu, 16 Oct 1997 11:00:11 -0500
From:      cbooth@onyx.interactive.net (Christopher J. Booth)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Fetchmail Dot rc File?

Does anyone out there have an example of a working .fetchmailrc file for
2.2.2? The example file that comes with 2.2.2, in
/usr/local/share/doc/fetchmail/sample.rcfile, doesn't seem helpful.

[I am a single user on a home machine....]

I have also tried the following as my ~/.fetchmailrc file:

   server mail.interactive.net protocol pop3 username MYUSERNAME password
MYPASSWORD

but under this .fetchmailrc I get the following errors:

.fetchmail: SMTP connect to localhost failed: Unknown error: -1
.fetchmail: SMTP transaction error while fetching from
mail.interactive.net: Unknown error: -1

Any suggestions?

Christopher J. Booth    This speech of yours hath moved me,
cbooth@interactive.net  And shall perchance do good: but speak you on;
                        You look as you had something more to say.
                                                --Edmund, _King Lear_