Date:      Mon, 12 Dec 2005 16:24:06 -0500
From:      Vivek Khera <vivek@khera.org>
To:        freebsd-amd64 List <freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Supported Hardwre : Sun X2100 ?

On Dec 12, 2005, at 3:31 AM, Valery wrote:

> Dear all,
> a simple question, is the recent Sun X2100 Servers
> family (AMD Opteron 148,152,175 / SATA) planned to be
> supported, or simply, does FreeBSD 6.x run whithout
> trouble on this kind of system ?

There are reports it boots on NetBSD and OpenBSD.  I'm awaiting an
appointment at the local Sun "lab" to test it out with FreeBSD.

By the looks of the dmesg output from Net/Open BSD it *should* work
with FreeBSD although one of the ethernet interfaces is nvidia which
may not be 100% optimal/stable.  I'm planning to plug in an extra
intel NIC to make up for that since I need 2 NICs.