Date:      Wed, 23 Sep 1998 09:14:01 -0700 (PDT)
From:      David Wolfskill <dhw@whistle.com>
To:        fabry@panam.edu, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG

>Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 15:51:48 -0500
>From: "Alain G. Fabry" <fabry@panam.edu>

>I'm running majordomo and would like to disable email being send to the
>author of the message.

Well, if the author isn't in the list, the author shouldn't get a copy
from majordomo.

>Is there some setting in the config file I can set not to send messages to
>the author.

Not that I'm aware of.  Please note that by default, sendmail will not
include the author of a message ini the list of recipients for that
message, but when the message goes through the fan-out (or "exploder"),
the sender is the list-owner (generally), rather than the original
author.

>Or is there a command the users can send not to receive any messages posted
>to majordomo by themselves.

procmail comes to mind....

david
--
David Wolfskill		UNIX System Administrator
dhw@whistle.com		voice: (650) 577-7158	pager: (650) 371-4621