Date:      Tue, 28 Nov 2000 02:50:28 -0500 (EST)
From:      Mike Nowlin <mike@argos.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   IM server?

This really isn't a (directly) FBSD-related question, but since I'm trying
to get everyone at work off MS products over to FBSD workstations, I
figure it's appropriate enough to ask here...  :)

The new guy who came in to start running the company is big on sending
documents back and forth via email, shared electronic scheduling,
etc.  One of his wishes is to get ICQ, AIM, or some other instant
messaging capability between employees.  Due to the nature of our
business, we really can't connect to the "normal" ICQ (etc.) servers on
the public network.  (Legal reasons, and upper management doesn't want our
employees chatting with their friends during work time.)

So...

Anyone know of a program out there that can act as a central server for
ICQ?  (I know there's some AIM clones out there, but I'd rather avoid that
one...)  A quick look in ports and some digging around on Google and
Freshmeat didn't return much.

--mike