Date:      Sat, 9 Feb 2002 13:51:32 -0600 (CST)
From:      Chris Dillon <cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us>
To:        Oliver Fromme <oliver.fromme@secnetix.de>
Cc:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.ORG>, =?ISO-8859-1?Q?G=E9rard_Roudier?= <groudier@free.fr>, FreeBSD Hackers Mailing List <hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>, FreeBSD Hardware Mailing List <hardware@FreeBSD.ORG>, Oliver Fromme <olli@secnetix.de>, "Eugene M. Kim" <gene@nttmcl.com>, Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>, Josef Karthauser <joe@tao.org.uk>
Subject:   Re: USB "Memorybird" quirks

On Sat, 9 Feb 2002, Oliver Fromme wrote:

> I think that would be a very good idea.  The boot software issue
> is negligible, because there aren't any USB devices you can boot
> from.

You mean can't boot from USB devices in just FreeBSD, or anywhere?
I've not actually tried it yet, but many motherboard vendors have
added the ability to boot from USB ZIP drives and probably other USB
mass storage devices to their BIOSes, so it at least should be
possible.

--
 Chris Dillon - cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us - cdillon@inter-linc.net
 FreeBSD: The fastest and most stable server OS on the planet