Date:      01 Aug 2001 14:20:39 -0400
From:      Sudish Joseph <sudish@corp.earthlink.net>
To:        Thomas Pornin <Thomas.Pornin@ens.fr>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org, freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PPPoE + Alpha + 32/64 bits

Sudish Joseph writes:
> The PR also contains the (gross, alpha-specific) hack I use right now
> to work around this issue.  It simply masks out the upper 32 bits in
> the pointer when making the comparison.  Obviously not a real
> solution, however it suffices for now since all of the pointers being
> compared are in the same 32-bit segment.

BTW, if you put in the workaround from kern/27767 for this, you'll run
into the problem detailed in PR alpha/27766, where pppd core dumps on
certain dns lookups.

The patch in that PR was committed and MFC'ed to 4.3-STABLE, but after
4.3 was released, iirc.  You might need to cvsup and rebuild world.

--
Sudish Joseph