Date:      Tue, 29 Jan 2002 06:55:03 -0800 (PST)
From:      Radhika Sambamurti <radhika_narendran@yahoo.com>
To:        Edwin Groothuis <edwin@mavetju.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Which image viewer?

A really good image viewing program I've used is
ImageMagick. It is ported to Freebsd and resides in
/usr/ports/graphics I think. It comes loaded with a lot of
features and is very user friendly. It has both gui and cli
for those who want either. I remember starting it was a bit
tricky. It tells you certain things to include in your
path, which is pretty straightforward once you've done it.

Radhika

--- Edwin Groothuis <edwin@mavetju.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 28, 2002 at 10:17:30PM -0800, Crist J. Clark
> wrote:
> > On Tue, Jan 29, 2002 at 12:19:44AM -0500, Francisco
> Reyes wrote:
> > > I have tried about 5 image viewers and none seems
> "just right".
> > > On the windows world I use ThumbPlus and Irfan View.
> > > All I am searching is for a good program which will
> display thumbnaisl and
> > > then when I select an image that it would show the
> image in a new window.
> >
> > xv(1) will do that.
>
> Does it do this part:
>     then when I select an image that it would show the
> image in a new window.
> ?
>
> But yes, except for that it does all which is asked for.
>
> Edwin
>
> --
> Edwin Groothuis   |              Personal website:
> http://www.MavEtJu.org
> edwin@mavetju.org |           Interested in MUDs? Visit
> Fatal Dimensions:
message

=====
It's all a matter of perspective. You can choose your view by choosing where to stand.
--Larry Wall