Date:      Sun, 27 Sep 2015 22:51:03 -0400
From:      Bob Healey <healer@rpi.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems with ZFS file servers

My plan, which won't be implemented before 6/9/16 is to set "-tso4 -tso
-txcsum -rxcsum -vlanhwtso -lro" on all the nics, and in loader.conf,
set hw.igb.rxd=4096
hw.igb.txd=4096
vfs.zfs.arc_max="75% of physical mem"

Any other options I may have overlooked?  I've got 9 months before I get
an outage window.  Academia demands no downtime not caused by acts of
god or facilities shutdowns.

These machines have no purpose in life other than nfs, occasional rsync,
and sometimes samba 3.

Bob Healey
Systems Administrator
Biocomputation and Bioinformatics Constellation
and Molecularium
healer@rpi.edu
(518) 276-4407