Date:      Sat, 26 Aug 2000 17:59:28 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Michiel Boland <boland@carmel.diva.nl>
To:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mplex and VBR video streams

Hi.

I'm replying to my own posts; obivously not many people are using mplex.
:)

Anyway, I've appeared to solved the problems. The FreeBSD mplex port
disregards some features that are present in the original mplex
implementation, in particular the setting of a target byte rate for the
resulting system stream. If you set this rate high enough you can mix an
audio and a VBR video stream without generating any time outs ; these
streams will play just fine. Only problem is that you introduce a huge
amount of padding sectors.

Cheers
Michiel