Date:      Fri, 27 Sep 1996 16:20:13 -0700
From:      Scott Blachowicz <scott@statsci.com>
To:        Todd Pfaff <todd@edge.cis.mcmaster.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD PPP and slirp

------- =_aaaaaaaaaa0

Todd Pfaff <todd@edge.cis.mcmaster.ca> wrote:

> I'm running FreeBSD 2.1.0-RELEASE on my PC and attempting to make a PPP
> connection to a remote Sun running Solaris 2.5 and slirp.  I have had this
> working between Windows 95 PPP on my PC and slirp at the Solaris end.  I
> go through a terminal server at the remote end to get to the Sun (I've
> tried both telnet and rlogin for this terminal-server-to-Sun step).

I run slirp on some work SunOS 4.x boxes and dialin to them from my home
FreeBSD box. I think I've posted some messages to some of the FreeBSD
lists about it before, so you might scan thru their message archives (I
forget the URL...somewhere under http://www.freebsd.org). I'll forward
your message home and see if I can't find some config files to forward on
to you later tonight or this weekend...

If I remember correctly, part of the key was disabling a few items (maybe
the authentication stuff that someone else mentioned). Attached is my
.slirprc file from the work side.

Scott Blachowicz  Ph: 206/283-8802x240   Mathsoft (Data Analysis Products Div)
                                         1700 Westlake Ave N #500
scott@statsci.com                        Seattle, WA USA   98109
Scott.Blachowicz@seaslug.org

------- =_aaaaaaaaaa0