Date:      Tue, 8 May 2001 16:47:46 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Cec Turner <ar138@sheppard.torfree.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Help! Help!

I'm an old guy with an old computer.  I've contributed to the Freenet for
several years and it's my only access to the internet.

When I log in, the system takes me directly into Pine and when I quit Pine
it disconnects my carrier.  Within Pine I do get a lot of garbage junk
mail but if my kids try to send me an email from their 486 computer, it
just bounces back to them.    What is the sense in me continuing to
support the Freenet?   You haven't even sent me a tax receipt for my last
contribution which I sent early to you because of your request for help.

Upon logging in there is a message that tells me to access the Handbook
and other www sources for additional help but HOW CAN I DO ANY OF THIS
WHEN THE SYSTEM DOESN'T GIVE ME ANY ACCESS TO ADDRESS THE WWW NETWORK?

As I said,  after the initial message the system takes me immediately into
the Pine menu rather than giving me any chance to access the internet and
when I leave Pine, I'm automatically disconnected.

Is there any hope that my access to the total freenet will ever be
restored?  If not, let me know now but at least send me my tax receipt for
my last donation which was made a few months ago.

Also, even in Pine my address book was completely wiped out.

I can't access telnet because this is the only computer I have and the
freenet was my only contact with the internet system.

My name is Cec Turner,   ar138@torfree.net.   My telephone number is 905
839 7636 (Pickering, Ontario.

Will you please give me some hope or at least tell me it's over for good.

I hope someone will be kind enough to respond to me and understand how I
am confused and upset.

Thanks for your understanding and hopefully I will hear some good news
from you.

Cec Turner