Date:      Tue, 25 Jul 2000 22:38:59 -0700 (PDT)
From:      jason wray <sonic_jtx@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   help with connection

Alright, i need help with my internet connection.
I've tried and tried with dial-up connect scripts, but
can never get them to work.  Tonight i decided to just
try   term  from the  ppp ON >   prompt.  I "think" i
got connected somewhat, but could never get the
connection finished.  I followed the steps shown in
"man ppp" on using term.  after giving the
login/password , i was taken back to the  ppp ON >
prompt.  from here i did "show physical"  and got the
following...ppp ON >
 show physical
 Name: deflink
 State: 		open (with carrier)
 Device:		/dev/cuaa1
 Link Type:		interactive
 Connect Count:		1
 Physical outq:		0
 Queued Packets:	0
 Phone Number:		N/A
Defaults:
 Device List:		"/dev/cuaa1"
 Characteristics:	115200bps, cs8, no parity, CTS/RTS
on
 CD Check Delay:	device specific
Connect Time: 0:17:10
491 octets in, 423 octets out
overall		0 bytes/sec
currently		0 bytes/sec (over last 5 secs)
peak		       62 bytes/sec on Teu Jul 25 23:27:44 2000
ppp ON >

can anyone help me out with this?  am i doing
something wrong?  I'd appreciate any help.
                                   Thanks,
                                      Jason.