Date:      Tue, 9 Oct 2001 14:48:28 -0400
From:      Paul Chvostek <paul@it.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   amr driver and disk failure notification

Hi all.

We've got a Dell PowerEdge 1550 with an amr SCSI controller (Dell PERC)
running RAID1 (mirroring).  The OS is 4.4-RELEASE.

Does anyone know of a way to get some sort of disk failure notification
from the amr controller?  I've read the man page and seen no references
to anything but errors.  We're running healthd to sense temperature, and
vinum obviously reports things on boxes that do software RAID, but I'm
stuck on this one.

I suspect that AMI or whoever has come up with Windows software that
talks to this controller, but I'm obviously not aware of anything for
FreeBSD.

Any help would be appreciated.  :)

--
  Paul Chvostek                                             <paul@it.ca>
  Operations / Development / Abuse / Whatever       vox: +1 416 598-0000