Date:      7 Jul 1999 12:11:18 +0200
From:      naddy@mips.rhein-neckar.de (Christian Weisgerber)
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ES1370 + ncr PCI SCSI

Marc van Woerkom <van.woerkom@netcologne.de> wrote:

> Is anyone here who uses an ES1370 based PCI sound card in
> a system with a ncr based PCI SCSI controler?

I do.

> I still experience massive problems under FreeBSD-4.0 current
> when SCSI devices and sound card are busy at the same time
> (eg xanim plus CVSup) - the ncr goes gaga after a while, hanging
> the system.

Now, that is interesting. For me, "tosha -o - | pcmplay -" sooner or
later hangs my sound card. No more sound, further writes to /dev/audio
block after apparently filling a ~120kB buffer.

> - Original Ensoniq Audio PCI
> - Asus SC200 PCI SCSI

- Soundblaster PCI 64
  (which I gather is a relabeled Ensoniq Audio PCI)
- Asus SC200 SCSI adapter

--
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                  naddy@mips.rhein-neckar.de
  See another pointless homepage at <URL:http://home.pages.de/~naddy/>.