Date:      Mon, 03 May 1999 15:25:38 -0500
From:      Jeremy Bender <jbender@b-ainc.com>
To:        "Anders Hanssen" <andersbsd@bacchus.elanders.no>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: automatic viruscheck of incoming mail

AMaViS  ( http://satan.oih.rwth-aachen.de/AMaViS/) works pretty well, plugs
directly into sendmail, uses mcafee, hbedv's scanner, Dr Solomon's and one
other that i cannot remember offhand to scan incoming messages.  Sometimes
the scan script needs a little tweaking, to work efficiently,  but it
usually works fine without much modification.  Only drawback is that it
pulls considerable (read: over 90%) cpu time when it is trying to handle
compressed files (i'm working on a more efficent way of handling this, if
you want I can let you know if I ever get it finished)

Hope it helps.

Jeremy Bender