Date:      Mon, 17 Feb 1997 19:03:49 -0700 (MST)
From:      Charles Mott <cmott@srv.net>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   GPL

I have seen a number of back handed comments towards the GNU public
license.  For individualistic (not particularly rational) reasons, I
prefer not to attach the GPL to any piece of free software I write.  What
is the complaint that others have with GPL?

That being said, I still have the highest respect for Stallman and the
Free Software Foundation.  FreeBSD could not exist were it not for gcc.
I haven't checked, but I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't quite a bit
of other GNU software on the FreeBSD cdrom.

Charles Mott