Date:      Sat, 24 Jun 2000 00:56:37 -0600
From:      Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
To:        Rick Hamell <hamellr@aracnet.com>
Cc:        Joe.Warner@smed.com, freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Manager's response re: FreeBSD

Rick Hamell wrote:

> > are all using it, you will need to find a way to sing its praises to
> > corporate in a way that won't offend any entrenched interests.  If you are
> > ultimately successful, then you can use that beach-head to find other
> > niches to exploit.
> >
> > Good luck.  As always, if you or any of your IM force is caught or killed
> > our secretary will disavow any knowledge of your activities.
>
>         All I can say is that you at least work for one cool guy! They're
> open minded, willing to try a new approach, encouraged you to try, and
> pretty much gave you a direction to start in. Not bad... Hard to find
> managers like that anymore!

Hear, hear.  What a cool boss.  Be sure to install FreeBSD in a
partition (or on a new disk) on his machine and teach him everything
you know.  Also, keep looking for new niches to pound those BSD boxes
into.  Anything remotely related to networking is usually a good
inroad.  A departmental web server, one of those web-calendar apps
for scheduling team meetings and conference rooms, etc.