Date:      Wed, 7 Oct 1998 16:39:38 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Gregory A. Carter" <omni@dynmc.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   X11R6 and netscape plus my ignorance. (fwd)

Running FreeBSD3.0-BETA and installed X11R6, however netscape decides not
to run and errors out with:

ld.so failed: Can't find shared library "libXt.so.6.0"

Now usually I would figure that the file is missing so I checked in
/usr/X11R6/lib and low and behold it's there and appears to be fine.  I
can only get ldconfig to recognize libXt.so.6 but I figure that should be
the same file as it's linked in the compile to libXt.so.6.0.

Anyone have a similar problem and a possible solution?

Greg

| Dynamic Networking Solutions                     InterX Technologies |
| Senior Network Administrator                          keyID 7DF9C285 |
| omni@interx.net omni@itstudio.net omni@undernet.org omni@webpop3.com |