Date:      Fri, 27 Apr 2001 15:46:19 -0700
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Sound problems with 4.3

Recently I have had an odd problem with the sound on my laptop. The
unit is a ThinkPad 600E with Crystal 4236 audio using the newpcm
driver.

From my config:
device pcm0 at isa? port 0x52c irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x10

The sound now has an odd problem in that the last second (or maybe a
bit less) of the sound file is repeated continually for several
seconds. I hear the same thing, though for differing periods from the
Gnome sounds and from Realplayer. It's not awful, but it does get
annoying.

I'm not sure just when I first noticed it. Probably in late March or
early April.It's still there as of my Apr. 25 build.

Has anyone else heard this? Any ideas as to what is causing it?

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)