Date:      Wed, 2 May 2001 00:00:29 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jim Durham <durham@w2xo.pgh.pa.us>
To:        Robert Powell <knowhow@dial.pipex.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Priblem with intall from boot CD

On Tue, 1 May 2001, Robert Powell wrote:

> Hi there I am trying to install FreeBSD4.3
>
> and I am getting the following error
>
> Invalid Label
> No /kernel

Just off the top of my head, it sounds like you didn't do something
properly in the disklabelling part of the installation script. You
might go back and restart the installation as far as the partioning
and disklabelling parts to see that you have a proper root partition
and all that.

Can you give us more information? Did you complete the installation
without any apparent errors until the reboot?

-Jim Durham