Date:      Wed, 22 Jul 1998 13:08:49 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Dexnation Holodream <dex@wankers.net>
To:        Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>, Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>, mike@smith.net.au, asami@FreeBSD.ORG, committers@FreeBSD.ORG, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Tree tagging put off by ~12 hours.

On Wed, 22 Jul 1998, Steve Passe wrote:

> Hi,

[blah, blah, blah, NMI, blah blah blah]

> Just my observation on NMIs in general, FreeBSD doesn't re-cock
> the PII chip correctly to take a subsequent NMI.  I am using
> custom ISA hardware that generates an NMI to give us 'pseudo-realtime'
> response.  To get it to work I had to add code to the NMI ISR to
> recock the PII chip to handle repeated NMIs.  This is in the context
> of 2.2.6...

I'd be interested in hearing about what realtime stuff you're
doing...Jordan and I were discussing setting up a realtime mailing list
and possibly a few projects based on it, but he didn't think there would
be a lot of interest, nor that we're anywhere near being able to mess with
it at this time.  Anyone who has interest in it please reply either to
this message, or directly to me...I think a few good things could come out
of this :)

-Jon