Date:      Tue, 10 Dec 2002 22:24:31 -0500
From:      craig@2400baud.com
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   DSBL Open Relay Removal

All,

I cannot seem for the life of me, to get a server removed from the DSBL
(dsbl.org) open relay list.  Here's the short and skinny:

DSBL will sends an email to abuse or postmaster @ the ip address of the server
listed.  The current sendmail server rejects the attempts from DSBL to send an
email to the account:

Result: 12.158.17.27 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 550 5.7.1 <postmaster@[12.158.17.27]>... Relaying denied
Giving up on 12.158.17.27.

I stood up a FreeBSD server in its place to accept (or so I thought) emails to
abuse or postmaster at the IP address and then send them onto my regular email
address.  This /works/ when I send from a webmail account or a pop account to
abuse@theserveripaddress.  But, when sending from DSBL, I still get the same
error message.

I dunno what else to do.  Im a Linux/FreeBSD newbie and am trying to work my
way through this, but, we host 30+ domain email accounts on this box, and we're
still getting a lot of rejects because we're still blacklisted by DSBL.

Any ideas?  Thanks in advance, I know this is long.