Date:      Mon, 20 Jan 2003 08:16:38 +0000
From:      "Francis little" <oggy@hayesbrook.kent.sch.uk>
To:        <mikel.king@ocsny.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-sparc@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: boot from cd

ultra 5's are IDE so check the master/slave jumper on the drive or you =
could try doing boot /pci@1f,0/pci@1,1/ide@3/sd@2,0 according to sun's =
website this should be the device path to the cdrom.

hope this helps...

OGGY/..

>>> mikel king <mikel.king@ocsny.com> 01/18/03 05:32pm >>>
Hey,

	where do you set that id? I have an ultra 5 I just inheritted that =
I can't
seem to get to boot from cd.

OK it was me being stupid :o) i found out that the SCSI ID needs to be 6!

OGGY/..

>>> "Francis little" <oggy@hayesbrook.kent.sch.uk> 12/10/02 08:37am >>>
Hello all on freebsd-sparc,

I'm new to sun hardware and i'm trying to install freebsd on a ultra 60 so =
=3D
i burnt the 5.0-rc1 sparc64 iso to a cd but when i type boot cdrom at the =
=3D
openboot ok prompt i get device not ready. Any ideas??? or am i being =3D
stupid :o)

I've also tried a different cd drive..

Thanks

OGGY/..

--=20
Cheers,
Mikel King
Optimized Computer Solutions, INC
39 West Fourteenth Street
Second Floor
New York, NY 10011
http://www.ocsny.com=20

You may like them. You will see. You may
like them in a tree.=20
http://www.OpenOffice.org=20
http://www.Mozilla.org=20
GOAL: Microsoft free in 2003