Date:      Fri, 30 Apr 1999 02:05:35 -0400
From:      James Kalmadge <kalmadg@banet.net>
To:        collen <arkane@dpnet.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: troubles w/ my cdrom

Hey, Collen,

I have a Sony CDU611 which is the Secondary slave on
my system. It works fine.  Maybe you can adapt.

Here's a peek at my fstab:
# Device        Mountpoint      FStype  Options      Dump   Pass#
/dev/wd0s2b     none            swap    sw              0   0
/dev/wd0s2a     /               ufs     rw              1   1
/dev/wd0s2g     /tmp            ufs     rw              2   2
/dev/wd0s2h     /u0             ufs     rw              2   2
/dev/wd0s2f     /usr            ufs     rw              2   2
/dev/wd0s2e     /var            ufs     rw              2   2
proc            /proc           procfs  rw              0   0
/dev/wcd0c      /hpcd           cd9660  rw,noauto       0   0
/dev/wcd1c      /sonycd         cd9660  ro,noauto       0   0
/dev/fd0        /Adrive         msdos   rw,noauto       0   0
/dev/wd0s1      /Cdrive         msdos   rw,noauto       0   0
/dev/wd2s1      /Edrive         msdos   rw,noauto       0   0
/dev/wcd0c      /Qdrive         msdos   rw,noauto       0   0
/dev/wcd1c      /Sdrive         msdos   rw,noauto       0   0
/dev/wd2s2h     /test           ufs     rw,noauto       0   0

I just say 'mount /sonycd' and voila!
I have not had an opportunity to try
mount /Qdrive
or
mount /Sdrive
yet.

But it should work, no?

For compatibilty's sake I have:

lrwxrwxrwx  1 root  wheel  5 Dec  6 02:11 /cdrom -> /hpcd

Good Luck,

James