Date:      Tue, 29 Jun 2004 13:22:23 -0500
From:      "Jason A. Crome" <crome@devnetinc.com>
To:        "'Marc G. Fournier'" <scrappy@hub.org>, <freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Hitachi vs Seagate: Opinions wanted

I can't imagine a higher failure rate than we've had with Hitachi drives.
Of the 15 or so servers we've built for customers using Hitachi drives over
the last 2 years, 6 of them came back after about a year of operation with
catastrophic drive failures.  And unfortunately it wasn't just a bad batch
of drives - they were manufactured at entirely different times.

Sooooo, I guess give the two options, I'd say Seagate ;-)

Jason A. Crome
Senior Software Engineer, DEVNET, Inc.
E-Mail: crome@devnetinc.com
http://www.devnetinc.com