Date:      Tue, 3 Sep 2013 16:30:02 GMT
From:      John Kozubik <john@kozubik.com>
To:        freebsd-fs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   RE: kern/156781: zfs is losing the snapshot directory

The following reply was made to PR kern/156781; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: John Kozubik <john@kozubik.com>
To: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2013 09:12:15 -0700 (PDT)

 I can confirm that this still occurs, this time on 8.3-RELEASE on amd64.

 Exactly as described by the previous submitters - nothing special going on
 on our system (no NFS, etc.) - just plain old snapshots being created and
 removed and ... eventually some .zfs/snapshot directories just disappear.

 Two things:

 1) In our experience, enough retrying of ls/find/etc. of the missing
 snapshot directory will eventually lock the system up

 2) non-critical severity is incorrect - snapshots are a critical feature
 and this is a critical bug.

 Thanks.