Date:      Wed, 17 May 2000 21:19:41 +0530
From:      Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@physics.iisc.ernet.in>
To:        Philip Hallstrom <philip@adhesivemedia.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: better than pine?

> >> deposited there.  Can I do this with procmail and pine so that I can
> >> organize my mail and know where I am getting new mail?  Is there an
> >> existing system?
> >
> >You can use procmail and mutt, procmail will sort your incoming mail
> >and mutt will be able to monitor multiple mailboxes for you.

> Pine can also watch multiple folders... geesh, can't find the option
> now, but I know you can do it cause I used to do that...

The incoming-folders option in .pinerc?
It doesn't seem to alert you (with a beep) when you get new mail, which
I would have thought is the whole point.  That's one reason I switched
to mutt.  The other is that mutt can display mail in "threads", very
nicely, that's very useful with mailing lists.  Of course mutt has a
huge number of other advantages, it's almost infinitely configurable
if you're willing to sit down and read through the various config options.

R.