Date:      Sat, 21 Jul 2001 21:24:12 +0200
From:      Anton Berezin <tobez@tobez.org>
To:        Valentin Nechayev <netch@netch.kiev.ua>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: jakarta-tomcat directory again ;(

On Sat, Jul 21, 2001 at 09:54:44PM +0300, Valentin Nechayev wrote:
>  Sat, Jul 21, 2001 at 17:33:18, tobez wrote about "Re: jakarta-tomcat directory again ;(":

> > > Yes, removing this directory helps to run cvsup for ports
> > > properly, and for most people one such removing and re-cvsupping
> > > helps.  But in my case cvsup tries such manual help for _each_
> > > run.  Possibly it is because I always use fixed date in supfile.
> > > Is there a way to fix it except update to experimental 16.1a?
> > > Last stable 16.1 behaves here bad.
> > You did not fix the /usr/sup/ports-all/checkouts.cvs:. file, did
> > you?

> I was sure I did it. Now I'm not sure in it.:(
> Well, I tested it now:
> 1. Delete /usr/sup/ports-www/, re-sup (with date=2001.07.14.00.00.00,
> date was not changed from the previous supping)

> Result it shown:

> Updating collection ports-www/cvs
>  Edit ports/www/p5-CGI/distinfo
>   Add delta 1.2 97.04.20.21.26.45 jfitz

> I'm surprised for date of first delta (97...)

I am not familiar enough with workings of cvsup to explain the fact it
edited this file at all, but its last change before 2001.07.14 is indeed
97.04.20, according to CVS repository.

This is a bit tangential to the issue at hand, but this whole port was
nuked (more precisely, renamed to www/p5-CGI-modules) on 2001.07.17.
:-)

> This /usr/sup was recreated quite later than 1997.
> I began to use fixed dates in supfile only at late 2000.
> Does it mean that /usr/sup/${coll_name} should be deleted every time
> when date in supfile was changed? Or it is result of another
> inconsistence in repository which should be reflect in /usr/sup
> removing?

Did you get your ports-www collection up to date and correct?  I assume
yes.  Also, there was no need really to delete the whole sup file;  it
was enough to remove problematic entries (jakarta-tomcat) from it;  I
think this is the reason cvsup did anything at all to www/p5-CGI port.

Cheers,
%Anton.
--
May the tuna salad be with you.